COVID- 19 Protocols
COVID-19 has greatly impacted the camp and retreat sector. The health and safety of both our guests and employees is of the utmost importance to us. Housekeeping and cleanliness has always been a priority, but COVID-19 has forced us to be even more vigilant. As we reopen to guests at Keats Camps we want to let you know about the changes we have implemented and what you can expect when you stay here.
Keats Camps is committed to the health and safety of its employees and guests and will be following all BC Government protocols for the carious areas within the operation at the facility.
In keeping with current Provincial Health Office restrictions, we are operating our workplace with COVID-19 safety protocols. All staff and guests to the property are required to wear a mask when inside and not seated at the dining table. Please do your part to keep Keats Camps open.
The following measures will be taken to ensure that all spaces on the property are following WorkSafe BC guidelines to ensure elimination, engineering and administrative controls and proper implementations of personal protective equipment where physical distancing is not possible.
Arrival and Transportation
- Guests will be limited to one family unit at each station
- Guests will be required to stay 2 meters apart
- Check-in staff will wear masks when 2 meters apart is not possible
- Hand sanitizer will be provided
- Staff will clean and sanitize the registration table after each family check-in is completed
Guest Transportation (Private Water Taxis)
- Prior to loading guests, the boat camptain or Keats Camps Staff will ensure that the self assessment declaration was completed by all guests.
- Guests will be transported in famliy housholds
- all guests will be required to weat masks while on board any vessel.
- Guests will obey guidlelies and policies set out by water taxi companies.
Guest Transportation (Keats Camps Vessels)
- Prior to loading guests, the boat Captain or Keats Camps staff will ensure that the self assessment declaration is completed by all guests.
- Guests will be transported in family households; no other guests or staff members will be combined on water taxi runs.
- All guests are required to load and unload thier own luggage (if outside registration/departure times), captains and greeters are not able to help with the luggage process
- All boat captains/drivers will wear masks while in guest’s company. This will include loading during transport and unloading of passengers.
- All guests are required to wear a mask while on board any vessel.
- Boats will be sanitized after each guests or staff boat run. This will include wiping down all seats, back rests, handles, steering wheel column, controls, and any high active touch points.
Arrival at Keats Camps
- Hosts will welcome guests with reminders of frequent hand washing and physical distancing measures
- Upon arrive, Keats Staff will direct guests to their accommodations
- All Guests luggage and belongings will be delivered outside their accommodations. Staff will not ender guest accommodations at any time.
- Staff will remain socially distanced from families during luggage loading.
- Each Cabin will only accomodate single households
- Each Cabin washroom will be equipped with paper towel, hand soap, and toilet paper (Sanitizer is equipped on the exterior of each cabin)
- Cabins will be marked with guests names on the door and only those listed are permitted to access.
- Cabins that are not in use will be locked
- Cabins will only be entered into by designated guests.
- Staff will not clean cabins while guests are onsite.
- Cabins will be fully cleaned and sanitized prior to guests arriving
Food Service and Dining Hall Protocols
- Kitchen staff members will be limited to a maximum of 8 people per shift, to allow for proper social distancing and to avoid over crowding. No other staff members are permitted to enter the kitchen area.
- Frequent hand washing will be practiced
- Bathroom facilities in the kitchen will be for kitchen staff members only and will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Washroom facilities for guests are located at the bottom of the stairs from the dining hall.
- Kitchen staff will ensure that the kitchen is clean and tidy at all times and ensure all food safe standards are being upheld and exceeded
- During meal service; kitchen staff will remain int eh kitchen to prepare and re stock food for servers.
- Will maintain directional flow of dirty and clean dishes (no crossover between the two)
- Staff and volunteers will be assigned dishwshing aprons for daily use, not shared.
- All staff will wear proper PPE at all times.
- Entrances will be equipped with hand sanitizer.
- all entrances into the dining hall and exits will be one way
- All house holds will be situated at a table together 6″ apart from other tables (Max. 6 Guests per table).
- All guests and staff are required to wear a mask unless seated at their designated table.
- Keats Camps staff members will serve meals from the buffet lines.
- Once meal service is complete; camp staff members will remove all items from table, clean and sanitize tables and chairs between each meal.
- Where ever self serve stations are provided (coffee/tea) there will be hand sanitizer provided and signage requiring guests to sanitize before retrieving anything
- Dining Hall will be closed in between meal services
Facilities & Maintenance
- All public washrooms will have signs demonstrating proper hand washing techniques
- all communal buildings have one-way entrances/exits (where applicable)
- buildings have been labeled with capacities
- All entrances/exits have sanitizers available
- Staff will remain 6′ apart from guests whenever possible, and where masks at all times.
- All water fountains have been closed to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Tools will not be shared amongst staff members, and when needing to do so will be cleaned and sanitized in between uses
- Keys will not be left in/on any machinery or vehicles to avoid unnecessary use. High touch surfaces will be sanitized before/after use.
- High touch surfaces in the work shop will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
Services & Activities
Mariners Inn (Camp Store)
- Maximum capacity 2 Family Units inside the store at a time.
- Guests can line up outside express window if not purchasing clothing or merchandise
- Physical Distancing will be in effect
- Hand Sanitizer will be available upon entry
- Surfaces will be sanitized frequently
- There will be specific markers for people to line up and stay physically distanced
- Orders will be placed on the counter for guests to step up and pick up, nothing will be handed directly to guests.
- Cash will not be accepted at this time (Credit/Debit only)
Sports Shop & Equipment
- Only 1 family unit inside Sport Shop
- One family unit at a time in the Gaga Ball Court
- Guests will need to physically distance themselves on volleyball and basketball courts. If a 6′ distance is not possible, we ask you to wear a mask while participating.
- hand sanitizer will be available for all guests as they enter to retrieve equipment
- Staff will sanitize sports equipment 3 times a day.
All our activities and staff have our guests health in mind. We encourage families and guest to do activities as households and to respect other guests space.
Please review our Risk Assessment tool in our Safety Plan to see all the protocols for each activity.